Thursday, February 1, 2024

PARS

 My soccer journey started way back when I was a baby. We went to my dad's soccer games every Sunday in Orange County. I was born around the same time as a few of the kids from the teammates. We were cousins from day one, our family being the game of soccer. I remember going to the games from when I was a few years old. Me and the girl cousins would cheer for our dads on the sidelines. As we got a little bit older, we put together routines for their team and cheered our little hearts out every Sunday. Every Sunday was the best day of our life. Those are still my cousins and my best friends. 

We still cheer for the guys on the team. Some of them refs now, most still play in their late 70's together in tournaments and such. Those men have cheered me on in my soccer games, tournaments, college games, etc. I look at pictures of them holding me when I was a baby, being present when I was a toddler running around the soccer field, celebrating at weddings, mourning at funerals... I am forever thankful for the dedicated teamwork amongst them.. still, to this day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment