Monday, June 21, 2021

Happy Father’s Day

 Father’s Day is a special day of thanksgiving for the wonderful Fathers in the world. My Dad has given me so many words of wisdom and important insight over the course of my lifetime. 

“You have to step on the field and give it 110%. If you know you gave your 110%, you will be happy, whether you win or lose.” -My Dad talking to me before I stepped onto the soccer field for a game

I told my sons the other day I need to trim their fingernails before going to visit their Grandpa, otherwise I’d have to sit for a one hour lecture and questions about why I’m not taking care of my children. 

I remember the times my Dad made us go back outside and re-enter the house when we did not say hello to him when we walked in the door and saw him sitting there. “Hey Dad.” “What do you mean hey Dad? Hay is for horses.” 

The cold stare from across the table when he’d catch us crunching our chips too loudly or chewing with our mouth open. 

All of these little moments that add up to a lifetime of understanding and happiness are what makes life worth every moment. 

Now I am getting to enjoy watching the Father of my children creating these little moments that make memories worth keeping a lifetime of with our sons. The little sayings, the bursts of excitement, the dining places, the music, the laughter, the sports practice, the advice… 

I know people sometimes do not have the luxury of spending this type of time together with their parents. I am thankful. 

Happy Father’s Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment