Friday, May 7, 2021

Writing

 Lately I’ve been watching these inspirational videos on YouTube and I thought one of them was particularly important. I spent some time lecturing the Introduction to the Constitution a year or so ago. This, for me, is such a fun topic to learn about and discuss because the more I learn, the more I am moved to tears of thanksgiving. In the quiet space of my walks, in my mind, I go over and over the concepts and each time I learn something that enlightens and inspires me to the core. 

First we learn that we, as humans, have the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, given to us by our creator, the almighty. Then we learn how to keep these rights for ourselves and the one way to make that happen is by respecting not only our rights, but respecting the rights of others. Our constitution is literally founded upon the golden rule. 

I watch our military and important people within and stand in awe and admiration as I begin to understand the bigger scope of it all from my perspective. The inspirational movie scene stays in my mind as I hear the past President’s words repeat, “but only if you can keep it...”. It was an example to explain the concept of, “And we of right, ought to be free.” We have these rights, but only if we can keep them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment