Friday, March 22, 2024

AI and Soccer

 The future of artificial intelligence and soccer are exciting to me. I watch my son play with his cousins a game of tag with his virtual goggles on. Are there places you can play soccer in there? I ask. "You can shoot against a robot." He answers. I wonder when the leagues will start. I want to play. 

What will make the difference when we get to that point? Why will we still want to go out and play on a regular field when the virtual fields will be perfectly maintained? The human connection makes all the difference but the virtual world is making its way. 

The scents would be lacking in a virtual world. The pre game and post game routines. The meals. The movement. There is nothing that can replace the actual grass getting stuck in your cleats, or the pebbles that empty out of your cleats after indoor. 

It's exciting to be a part of the new technologies that are available to us, even though the human connection and "earthing" are what make such a big difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment