Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Permeated Love

My kids have the most incredibly stimulating conversations with me. My son asks me questions that help me in each moment to learn, to gain perspective. My baby is just learning to talk so our conversations are usually without words.

I understand my kids are a part of me and a gift from the Almighty. Sometimes when I am talking to them I realize it's actually similar to God talking to me. A way of letting me know what kind of love I've been gifted with and am just beginning to learn to appreciate.

I want the best for my kids 100% of the time. And for the times I treated myself so carelessly, I'm learning how to be better.

I know when we go though struggles it's going to fragment us. Because, Mom and Dad, I'm realizing who you are in your fragmented pieces. And our generation, we're so broken we like mostly to share the baby pieces of us. Aren't those the loved ones?

God thinks we are just as perfect as we think our children and, for the parental units, grandchildren are. We love to watch them and laugh when they're being naughty and it warms our hearts to watch them being nice.

Mom and Dad, just know when you hug and hold them, when you look at them with those gentle eyes, when you share your life and your wisdom with them, you're holding those fragmented pieces of us that just adore you and would do anything for you. Among our pieces, with you, we discover the essence of what has always made us whole.

Your love permeates every fiber of our being.

Suz

No comments:

Post a Comment