Thursday, February 1, 2018

Fluffy Pillow

When I look at you I get a view of the past.
Parts of it I want to let go of and other parts I want to keep and build upon.
Like the foundation for a house in the process of making a home you're my bedrock.
When I look at you I see a thousand mistakes that shed like colorful leaves in due season.
A thousand lessons planted like a seed, rooted in love, growing into a strong tree, given like a gift from fruit of old.
When I look at you I see the way we were born to be vulnerable and brand new to everything and everyone we have ever known.
When I look at you I understand how to move forward with what we have and what we are in every moment.
When I run with you I feel the air on my face like cold water, clean and looking up to the sunlight.
When I hold you I feel like the weight of the world is like a feather dropping down from the sky light like the fluff of a cloud.
When I love you I am.

Suzie Sateri

No comments:

Post a Comment