Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Chicken Noodle Soup

 The chicken noodle soup from Panera was so warm and had the most perfect flavors. I dipped the bread into it and savored every bite. It made me feel thankful. 

I got the leash and walked in the brisk air before it was too late. 

The flag. 

I heard it and looked in its direction. It waved.

It was just me, the flag and my dog with the quiet sound of crickets chirping in the background of the night. 

I love the sight of it. 

Listening to it waving in the cold breeze with a strong bold sound was like music to my ears. 

I understand. 

To watch it fly is magic. 

I imagine what it must have felt like for Francis Scott Key to see the flag still there at dawn after a long night of blazing battle from which emerged our National Anthem. 

Like chicken noodle soup on a night like tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment