Thursday, September 17, 2015

Main Street Businesses

I tried to walk into the dental school on Main Street at Disneyland and the door was locked. A while later I asked in City Hall if the dental school office was a real or fictitious business. The attendant let me know that it's a real business but the Dr. has to be in the office in order to open the door. I asked if all of the businesses on Main Street were real or fictitious and he said that they are all real businesses.

Sometime later I knocked on the dental school door to see if the Dr. was there and would open the door but there was no answer. Maybe it would open up if I really wanted to attend dental school. To be honest I am more interested in asking about the laughing gas.

I read on Wikipedia that "laughing gas", also known as Nitrous oxide, in its early days was referred to as a ""Factitious Air"" that upon inhalation was theorized to potentially treat lung diseases like tuberculosis. I also read via Wikipedia that in childbirth, sometimes Nitrous oxide is used instead of an epidural. I found this and many other facts about the "air" interesting to say the least.

There is a hotel right across the way from the dental school, though if you get a dose of Nitrous oxide at the dentist you are able to safely drive home. The hotel is for "cast members only" but there were quite a few people in there. That door was locked too. Who has all of the keys to Disneyland? That should be my next question.

Suzie Sateri

No comments:

Post a Comment