Monday, August 24, 2015

Consistent Topic

Disneyland. The magical world where all of your dreams can come true if you wish upon a star. Well, I saw David and Victoria Beckham with their family there today and to be honest, I don't know what to wish for anymore. Perhaps I should wish for my medical credentials or to get married or to move into a beautiful, exclusive home with my son and his father. Maybe I should wish for a new car, van or station wagon so I have enough room to drive small groups of awesome people from place to place comfortably. Instead, I feel happy where I am and that feels good.

I am enjoying motherhood to the fullest and am beginning to allow myself to experience the greatness that comes with being a mom. This greatness for me includes the ability to go to Disneyland on a frequent basis. I've been blessed with the opportunity to write about what I learn and that excites me. I just finished writing a children's story about a kid having conversations with the moon, perhaps I should wish for blessed publications with that. I'm trying to figure out who likes to go to Disneyland more, me, or my son. Only time will tell and we will learn as we go.

Speaking of learning, I found out there is a place called club 33 at Disneyland that is quite exclusive. There is a door outside of the Pirates of the Caribbean exit that apparently only lets people in of their name is on the list. Supposedly the list includes about 400 people and is known to be "the most" exclusive club there is. A friend of my niece said she knocked on the door and the person who answered just gave her a dirty look and closed the door.

We (Ellington and I) enter through at the hands of "the great one". I notice some employees scanning their cards to gain access into a door next to the entrance. I wonder what's behind it. We walk through the entrance and I look to the left at Walt Disney's office above the fire station with the lamp on. We walk further and I admire the diamonds that currently dazzle the Castle's entrance, thinking of a ring I tried on. We stand around the golden spike placed inside the entrance of the castle, marking the center of Disneyland (a total of 160 acres). I am filled with wonder.

Let the adventures continue, even if the weather might be a bit "temperamental". Suzie Sateri

No comments:

Post a Comment